Answers to these lingering questions posed by Bloodline:
1. Seriously, where was Meg? Or, really, where was Linda Cardellini for most of this season?
2. And, if we’re working under the assumption Meg really wanted to disappear from her life, we’re assuming she could not practice the law under an assumed name — so how in the hell did she afford that sweet apartment in L.A.?
INHERITED MONEY AND SAVINGS (AND HOUSEMATES)
3. Who really was that Beth Mackey lady? Did we ever really figure out if she was a Rayburn (secret love child of Robert) or what?
THAT'S THE IMPLICATION
4. Where was Evangeline? I know she was “recording” somewhere but what was the point of her coming into our lives in such a significant way in season 2 only for her to disappear completely?
SHE WAS FLAKEY
5. On that note, after creeping menacingly around for a whole season, why did Ozzy just up and kill himself?
HAUNTED BY DEMONS AFTER HIS HEAD INJURY
6. And, more importantly, was he really getting visions before his death thanks to getting his head kicked in?
7. Did Sally Rayburn and Roy Gilbert have an affair?
8. Why doesn’t Ben Rayburn ever get a chance to have a storyline of his own?
HE'S JUST A KID
9. Will the Inn really be entirely underwater in a few years?
MAYBE, THAT'S WHAT THE BANK APPRAISER THINKS ANYWAY
10. If Meg hates boats so much, how on earth does she know how to expertly pilot that sunfish?
SHE HATES POWERBOATS
11. Why did Kevin think he couldn’t get extradited from Cuba? Why didn’t Belle turn off her GPS?
NO EXTRADITION TREATY. BELLE MESSED UP.
12. Is Chelsea (the consistently wonderful Chloe Sevigny) going to be okay? Because if anyone deserves happiness…
SHE'S GOING TO MAKE BETTER MONEY WITH HER TITS AS A BAR MAID THAN SHE DID AS A NURSE
13. Will Eric O’Bannon (also consistently wonderful Jamie McShane) really serve 30 years for a crime he didn’t do? Or will John do right by him?
14. What was the deal with Diana repeatedly getting drunk out of the blue? Were there any hints to this behavior before this season?
SAD, LONELY, SEPARATED ... OF COURSE SHE'S DRINKING
15. Who was Janie having sex with?
NO ONE. THAT WAS DIANA'S DESPERATE ATTEMPT TO GET JOHN'S ATTENTION
16. What ever happened to Meg’s hot affair dude, Alec (Steven Pasquele)?
17. What was the significance of Meg’s big back tattoo?
18. Did we ever really get to the bottom of that seahorse necklace thing?
IT'S WHAT SARAH DROPPED IN THE ROCKS THAT LED TO HER DROWNING
19. Why did the Rayburns suddenly become Catholic in season 3?
COULD HAVE BEEN AN EPISCOPAL PRIEST MAYBE?
20. Who has Robert’s ukulele?
IT'S STILL ON THE WALL
21. Why couldn’t they get Ben Mendelsohn a better wig?
OR YOUNG BEN MENDELSOHN A BETTER WIG
22. Why couldn’t they get Owen Teague a better wig?
23. Why did the show decide to introduce apparently important figures — John’s BFF, Mike Gallagher, or his new comely partner Detective Carol—right at the end?
MIKE HIRED AWAY THE SHERIFF ... CAROL WAS JUST ANOTHER HOTTIE
24. But did Carol eventually get the job of sheriff?
25. Did Mike really come to town just to court Sheriff Franco away?
YES, AND HIT ON DIANA AGAIN (I HOPE)
26. Why was John not mad that Mike made a pass at his wife?
EVERYONE MAKES A PASS AT JOHN'S WIFE
27. What on earth was Roy Gilbert’s deal anyway? How did he get tangled up with the Rayburns and get them the money for the Inn?
HE KILLED SOMEONE WHILE DRUNK, THE RAYBURNS KEPT HIS SECRET, HE FUNDED THEIR PURCHASE OF THE INN. HE WAS A CROOKED GUY INVOLVED IN LOTS OF SHADY STUFF
28. Where did all his money come from, anyway?
29. Why must Kevin be the only Rayburn to be punished?
BECAUSE HE'S THE STUPIDEST (AND WEAKEST, AS SALLY CRUELLY SNARLED IN THE FINALE)
30. How will Kevin survive wearing closed-toed shoes?
WHO SAYS HE'S GOING TO PRISON?
31. Who will take care of Rocky?
BELLE! SHE ISN'T GOING ANYWHERE
32. Why did Sally really leave the day of Sarah’s death?
FIGHT WITH HUSBAND OVER HER AFFAIR WITH ROY, OR ANY ONE OF HER HUSBAND'S MANY AFFAIRS
33. Why did the Rayburns like taking the bus so much?
UNTRACEABLE ... CAN BUY TICKETS WITH CASH (UNLIKE AIRLINES)
34. Whatever happened to John Rayburn’s dog, Surf?
35. What happened to Mia Kirshner?
36. What really happened after John Rayburn’s deep sea fishing accident?
HE SUFFERED FROM OXYGEN DEPRIVATION, MESSED UP HIS MIND, TEMPORARILY
37. Was that marlin’s brutal attacker ever brought to justice?
THE CUBAN WITH A FOUL MOUTH? (SPANISH SWEAR WORDS ARE THE BEST, BY THE WAY)
38. What does John say to Nolan out on the dock?
39. Does it even matter?
IT DOES. WRITE YOUR OWN ENDING TO THIS TRAGEDY, BECAUSE IT'S STILL A TRAGEDY